Ranger Communications once again sets the performance and reliability standard for entry level amateur mobile transceivers with the latest generation of our popular RCI-2950DX/70 series of cost effective, multi mode, high performance transceivers.
Introducing the new RCI-2950DX & RCI-2970N2. These new models feature microprocessor control of not one but two amateur bands. The new RCI-2950DX, rated at 25W PEP and the RCI-2970N2, rated at 200W PEP are perfect for the recent band openings on 10 and 12 meters. Now you can upgrade your mobile Ham capabilities with a radio that is rich in features and reasonable in cost.
The new models have retained the operating features of its popular predecessors, including programmable repeater offset and capabilities for a CTCSS tone option — great for increasing repeater activity on 10 meters — and receiver scanning for quick search of active frequencies. The units offer three methods of frequency selection, non-volatile memory to store and scan up to ten favorite frequencies, and front panel frequency selector lockout.
In addition, the Series offers an impressive array of design and performance improvements:
— An improved receiver: designed for increased sensitivity and image rejections.
— A double FET balanced mixer: for improved receiver intermodulation rejection.
— New power supply protection: and temperature compensation for improved stability and reliability over wide temperature ranges.
— Surface mount components: for increased resistance to shock and vibration.
— Improved display lighting: for easy reading in a wide range of light conditions.
— Variable Power Output from 2 watts to 25 watts (RCI-2950DX)
- Model RCI-2950DX
- Frequency Range: 12 meter
- 24.8900 ~24.9900 MHz
- 28.0000 ~29.6999 MHz
- Tuning Steps 100 Hz, 1 KHz, 10 KHz, 100 KHz, 1 MHz
- Emission USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM
- Frequency Control Phase-Lock-Loop Synthesizer
- Frequency Tolerance 0.005%
- Frequency Stability 0.001%
- Operating Temperature
- Range -10
- OC to +50
- Antenna Impedance 50 ohm
- Microphone Plug-In (6-Pin), 400
- Ω Dynamic PTT
- Meter Function RF Output, RX Receive Signal Strength, SWR
- Input Voltage 13.8 V DC
- Dimensions 7 3/4" (W) x 10 3/4" (D) x 2 3/8" (H)
- Weight 4 lb. 3 oz.
- RF Power Output 25W : USB/LSB Peak Power
- 10W : CW/AM/FM
- RF Transmit Modes USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM
- Antenna Connector UHF Type, 50Ω
- Modulation 16F3, A3E, J3E, A1A
- Spurious Emissions >60 dB
- Carrier Suppression -50 dB
- Sensitivity AM/CW : 0.5
- μV for 10dB Sinad
- FM : 0.25
- μV for 12dB Sinad
- USB/LSB : 0.15
- μV for 10dB Sinad
- Image Rejection Ratio -65 dB
- AGC Figure of Merit SSB/CW/AM : 80dB at 50mV for a
- 10dB change in Audio Output
- Audio Power Output 2.5W
— 10 & 12 Meter Bands — Large Frequency Display with Dimmer
— Improved Receiver Design — New Backlite Display
— Variable Output Power Control — Active Frequency Scanner
— Receiver Clarifier (±0.5kHz)
— 16 Programmable/Erasable Frequencies
— Noise Blanker/ANL Circuitry — Frequency Selector Lockout
— Programmable Repeater Offset — Public Address Feature